Friday, August 26, 2022

Katie: Three Months

Here we are, three whole months with our sweet girl. It still blows my mind how crazy fast life moves once you have kids. Can't she stay this little forever?

This month ended up being a very laid back one, thanks to all of us getting Covid and having to stay home for a while. Thankfully Eric was the only one who had symptoms, and he just ran a fever and felt bad for a couple days. I really thought that Katie might avoid it since Eric and I wore a mask around her, but the twins love her SO much that they wanted to get her sick too. I feel like that will be a common occurrence from here on out!

Regardless, we had a fun month watching our Katie grow. She found her hands this month and has been found sucking on her fists, especially at the end of the day. She's also started really kicking her feet around this month, but has yet to find her toes. 

We finally moved into the new house this month (a post on that will be coming), so we were able to get out some of the "baby" things that were already packed away, like her playmat. Katie absolutely loves batting at the animals hanging down from it and gives some huge smiles when she is playing on it.

Speaking of smiles, Katie has really started smiling a ton this month. She loves when I tell her "I love you" and when I sing to her. We even heard her giggle when she was playing with Eric! She's been doing some cooing and practicing with other noises as well. It won't be long before she's babbling up a storm.

Katie is not a fan of the hours between 5 and 7 PM. She really wants to be held that entire time and fights a nap so hard. Thankfully Erin has been letting us borrow her baby carrier, and that thing has been an absolute lifesaver. I'm ordering one for myself soon. I really don't know how you can survive a baby with toddlers in the house already without on of these things. It pretty much instantly calms her down, and I'm able to play with the twins/cook dinner/do basically anything I need to do. It's a win-win. 

Katie does enjoy an outfit change, as I usually have to change her at least once a day due to a blowout. I would say 5 of 7 days a week I'm changing her after her 10 o'clock bottle due to a blowout up her back. Never fails. She even had a blowout during her cousins Jack and Austin's baptism at church last week. I will always have an extra outfit for her in the diaper bag, that's for sure!

This month Katie showed us she can roll from her belly to her back. She's been tolerating tummy time on the floor much better this month too.

We are in 3 month clothes and are wearing size one diapers. We are fans of bath time and snuggles with mommy. 

Bottle wise, we are drinking five 6 ounce bottles a day with a size two nipple. I've been able to keep up with Katie milk wise, so no formula for her as of now, and we have a good stash in the freezer as well! She is a painfully slow eater at times (much like Ashley was as a baby), and needs burped quite a bit. If she is cranky after eating, it's probably because she needs burped again. She is also a dribbler when she eats, and if you don't put something under her chin, her shirt will be soaked after she's done eating.

Our current schedule is up around 7, bottle, nap 8/8:30ish till 10, bottle, nap 11:30-1, bottle, nap 2:30-4, bottle, then a small little cat nap around 6 (usually either in the carrier or the swing), then a bottle and bed around 8. She has been sleeping through the night about all month, which has been so nice! She loves being swaddled, and will sometimes end up with a hand up by her face when she wakes up. 

We have no official measurements from the doctor for this month, but from our measurements at home, Katie is weighing around 12 pounds 6 ounces and is measuring about 23 and a half inches long. 

I go back to work on Monday, so I'm soaking up these last few days of time at home with her as much as I can. 

And just for fun, here's a little side by side of her and Ashley's three month photos (since I obviously love this onsie so much I used it for both Ashley and for Katie ha!)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment