Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Madison's Birth Story {Picture Edition}

One month. Four weeks. 28 days. Over 650 hours. No matter how I look at it, it's been too long without you here. And it's unfortunately just the beginning. There's so many things I should have done in all that time- changed your dirty diapers, given you a bath, been woken up by your hungry cries in the middle of the night, snuggled up close to you while breathing in that fresh new baby smell. Instead I've cried myself to sleep, clung to your pink blanket, traced the wrinkles of your hand in the mold we made, put on a brave face and attempted to find a new normal once again. I know the pain of missing you will never go away, but in time I'll learn to live with it instead of feeling like I'm drowning under it. You seem to give me signs of hope when I need them most, like that double rainbow Monday night, and for that I'm thankful. I'll love and miss you always Maddie.
------

We received our photos from Diekemper Photography and I've been looking through them on repeat to soak in everything that happened that early morning. Megan was able to capture the moments we had with Madison right after she was born in a way that I will forever cherish. I have so many thoughts running through my head of what I could write, but I think I'll let the pictures mostly speak for themselves. 

Eric and I meeting Maddie. (taken by Kendra) 


Father Probst baptizing Madison.


Everyone meeting Maddie for the first time.



















I'm in love with all of her perfect little details. Don't mind her being so dirty, this was before her bath. 





Dr. Haller. I couldn't have done it without her. 













Family picture <3





Kaci, Kendra, and Ashley meeting Maddie.





Reading her a story. 







Bath time! And a shot of our wonderful nurse Abby.








Getting her hospital bracelets put on.











Our perfect angel. I hope they realize how lucky they are to have her up there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment