Saturday, May 1, 2021

BIG

Brayden and Ashley are getting big in more ways than one. That's right- we have a big brother and big sister on our hands! Baby Schackmann #5 is set to make his or her arrival at the end of October.


Since it took about six months from our first transfer trying for the twins until we actually had a successful transfer (not to mention all the months before that preparing for/having an egg retrieval), Eric and I decided this past fall that we were wanting to get back on the radar at Dr. Dayal's office for a transfer for our next baby. 

We chatted with her in October, and were all set to have our first transfer in December. That is until my numbers weren't doing what they were supposed to do and Dr. Dayal canceled our transfer a few days before we were supposed to go in. After a little initial heartbreak of not being able to do the transfer in December, we started up medicine again to have our transfer in February.

February 11th we made our way over to St. Louis. Thanks to Covid, things looked different this time around and Eric wasn't allowed to come into the building with me. Thank goodness for technology and the fact that we could Facetime during the procedure (even though he says he couldn't really see anything that was happening- hey, at least he was "there" for it). 


On the 19th we had our first blood draw (and I miiiiiiight have taken a home pregnancy test that morning before work as well), and it came back that we were pregnant! I don't think that Eric or I were expecting our first transfer to work, especially since it took three transfers to get Brayden and Ashley. 

March 8th we got to see our little bean and its beating heart for the first time, and we have had four ultrasounds since then. (And yes, there is only one this time.)


Just yesterday we confirmed that baby Schackmann has a perfectly round, complete head, and a huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders. I tell you what, pregnancy (especially pregnancy after loss) sure is NERVEWRECKING. 


I'm officially 14 weeks today, and overall I've been doing very well. I've been a little extra tired, a little nauseous throughout the day (I might eat two breakfasts and then an early supper on my way home from work...), and I might have already busted out my maternity clothes (seriously, my stomach popped out way early this time around). 




We are so excited to meet you this fall, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment