Monday, September 6, 2021

Labor Day Weekend 2021

I think the general impression of Labor Day weekend is that it's the "last weekend of summer", but for us it really felt like the first weekend of fall. From a football game, fun with friends, and much needed cooler weather, we enjoyed all the fall things this weekend. 

First up was Brayden and Ashley's first football game! There's nothing I like more on a Friday night than a good ol' Eagles football game. Eric and I spent a lot of time under those stadium lights with him on the field and myself on the sidelines cheering the team on, so I was excited to get our kids in the stands this year. 

I think they were in sensory overload at the start of the game. Being babies during COVID, they had never been in a place with that many people and that much noise. About the whole first quarter they sat in our laps and blankly stared at everything going on around them, as you can see from their picture with Dan and Theresa.

Thankfully, by the second quarter they had warmed up to all the people and were actually enjoying themselves and the game. We were cheering and clapping (sometimes for the other team ha!) and having a grand old time. 

Brady cuddled up and laid his head on my shoulder around 730, which is their bedtime. I was worried we might have to leave before the half, but he got a second wind and we were able to see the band's halftime show- which was great by the way. 

Overall, I'd count our first football game as a success, and I can't wait to bring them back next home game.


Saturday we met up with some of my best friends and their kids for a night of fun! We don't get together near enough, so when we do I always cherish our time together. We were just missing Kaci and Jason's family to make our group complete. We enjoyed lots of laughs, delicious pizza, and muddy feet all around. It doesn't get better than that!

Sunday and Monday we spent as a family at home. We played outside, cuddled on the couch, and even made a little trek over to Dan and Theresa's and pulled all the flowers off their lavender bush. At least they smelled really nice after that one, huh?


Labor Day Weekend 2021 was one for the books- and we are refreshed and recharged for the rest of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment