Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Packing it All In (May Recap)

(I wrote this post the week that Katie ended up being born, but I didn't have the heart to really change anything, so as you're reading pretend that we don't know Katie would be born that week.)

This past month has been a blur, so let me hash it out so I don't forget all the fun we've been having!

First up, how about a little house update? Since my last update in April, the house has come a LONG way. We have flooring in almost every room (just missing the carpets in the bedrooms), the cabinets are in (minus the counter tops), our bathroom shower is complete, and I think that all the trim work is officially done!



It's been a fun process watching the finishings start to come together. I'm so excited to get all of our lights in and the siding on. Our appliances and furniture are all waiting to be delivered- minus the table, chairs, and barstools which will be a few months still. And the fact that we actually found our living room furniture in stock (you know, since we didn't start looking for that until April...) was a true miracle. I stopped in to King's furniture in Olney at just the right time! It won't be long until we are actually living in the "new house". But don't expect it to be fully decorated for a while, there is the fact that a new baby will also be here in a few weeks and we all know that that will take top priority.

Speaking of adding a new one to our family, we have been trying to make these last weeks with just Brayden and Ashley a little more special before their world is completely thrown upside down and they have another sibling to share in on the love. 

I definitely think that Ashley realizes that something is changing soon, because she will not let anyone but me do anything. She needs her hands wiped off?-"Momma do it". She needs her diaper changed- "Momma do it". She needs help with a toy or a shoe or literally anything?- "No, momma do it!". At least she now says I'm her favorite when Eric asks her so I guess that makes it worth it? Brayden seems pretty oblivious to the fact that I'm having a baby, so we will see how that goes once he or she gets here. 



Aside from the extra clinginess, they are both loving the outside now that the weather has warmed up. The swing and wagon rides continue to be a favorite. 



And tractors. They love tractors. We have to point them out when we see them out the window, we read their "Green Tractor" book a million times a day, and Eric even brought in some of the old metal tractors that he used to play with as a kid for them (and Brady has slept with his on occasion). 


They even got their first ever tractor rides last week with my dad. They were both a little hesitant before the ride, but when dad brought them back and they came out, they were both all smiles and said they wanted to do it again. I'm sure that dad wouldn't mind having a few extra riders again soon!



On mother's day I got lots of extra love from the two of them, and Ashley even hand picked some flowers from my mom and dad's tree for us to match. 



Jordan's headstone came in not long ago so we made sure to make a quick stop out there that day too to see the half of my heart that's in Heaven.


Eric and I celebrated our 9th anniversary on the 11th, where he treated me to some country fried steaks and mashed potatoes and gravy- one of my favorites! It's hard to imagine life getting any more fun with this crew, but I know that there's so much more good to come for us.

On the 16th, we met up with Brian and Mara at Doug and Ashley's house for a play date and pizza dinner (courtesy of Brian and Mara's new pizza oven). The kids stayed up way past their bed time- read hours past their bedtime- but the memories made were worth it. Here's to hoping that we can get this crazy bunch (plus another little here soon) together a few more times still this summer for even more fun!




On the 25th, my school held a little shower for me. The "little cutie" theme was adorable, and the gifts were much appreciated. 


This weekend we are planning on spending one more time of just the four of us at Aikman Wildlife Center to let the kids enjoy all the animals there. Life is about to get pretty crazy, but we are here for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment