Wednesday, May 31, 2023

School's Out, Sun's Out

It's the end of May, and that means school is over and the sun is shining! This summer is shaping up to be a fun one, but I don't want to forget all the exciting things that May held for us. 

I'm officially declaring May as the month of outside. The weather had warmed up and we spent about every minute we could enjoying the sunshine. We took wagon rides, blew bubbles, rode bikes, spotted deer during truck rides and played in the dirt.


 




On the 11th, Eric and I celebrated 10 whole years of marriage. Every day with this guy is a gift, and we have had quite the adventure in the past 10 years. Looking forward to lifetime together with him.

My mom and dad got the twins fishing poles for Easter, and dad was ready to cash in that gift with a trip to the pond! Brayden had the absolute best time (he probably tied for the most fun with my dad). He was the winner for catching the most and also the biggest fish. Seeing his excitement as he reeled in the fish was so fun. We for sure need to get him back out to the pond to fish again soon.


Here's Brayden with his first ever fish!



He had so much fun reeling them in!


And then here he is with the biggest fish of the evening. 


Ashley loved the idea of fishing. She talked it up real big on our way there and acted so excited to catch a fish with her new pole. Once we started fishing though, I don't think it was as fun as she thought it would be. She did like reeling the fish in, but only wanted to reel in a few fish before she was done.


Ashley with her first fish of the night! 



Ashley and the smallest fish of the night. But as she put it, "I like the small ones because they don't splash."

Mother's Day was a relaxing day with the kids and our moms. While these three drive me crazy on the daily, I feel blessed that God chose me to be their momma.

Katie turned O-N-E on the 26th, and we celebrated with pizza and a truck ride. You can check out my full blog on her first birthday here

We had her party on the 28th, and she was showered with lots of love from family and friends. 

Since her favorite food is pizza, I knew I had to make that the theme of her party. Check out this cake my mom made. She nailed it!!


Katie was not really into eating her cake (nothing like what the twins did on their first birthday), but she was still cute as could be as she ate her little cupcake.


And I had to sneak in the picture of Ashley and our cousin Emmy. These two are the true definition of besties. I hope their bond continues to grow and they don't grow tired of each other by the time they are older ha!

That night we headed to Palestine for food and fun with friends. The kids jumped in a bounce house, swung on the swings, ate smore's, shot up rockets, played with glow-sticks, and Brayden even rode a hoverboard with the help of Brandon. I'd say the evening was a success!


Memorial Day we went to Montrose for Mass with Eric's family and then headed to his Aunt and Uncle's house for even more food and fun with family. 

 
 



The past two days we've definitely kept things a little more lowkey that our weekend had been, and I think we were all thankful for the slowdown. Now we are refreshed and recharged to enjoy what June has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment