Monday, June 9, 2014

Bittersweet Endings and New Beginnings

Last week was full of endings. While I couldn't wait to be home for good, I found myself realizing how much I will miss Pinckneyville. 



Pinckneyville was Eric and I's first home. Our entire first year of marriage was spent in that town, in that little house. As I finished packing up the air mattress we'd been sleeping on that week and ran the vacuum over the floors one more time, I couldn't help but become nostalgic. 

I could remember exactly where Eric first told me he loved me in that house. Where we had our first disagreement, our first meal. Where we spent hours talking about what the future would hold for us. 

I also started thinking about our lasts. Our last run to the Pinckneyville Dairy Queen for a blizzard (thank goodness Newton has a Dairy Queen too!). Our last trip to Bottoms Up on Wednesday for chicken and beer. Our last trip to Kevin's Archery to shoot our bows. Our last date night out on the town. Our last night on the air mattress (hopefully!).

Sitting here now thinking about all these lasts only makes me excited for what is to come. No more driving over two hours one way to see our families and friends. Thinking about owning our own house, with our own yard, and hopefully soon, a puppy! Resetting our radio presets to the stations we grew up on. Planning on starting a family of our own.

Leaving Pinckneyville was bittersweet, but I know that the best is yet to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment