Monday, March 30, 2015

Another Weekend Gone

Is is just me, or does it seem like the weekends don't last long enough! Maybe this weekend went by so fast because we jam-packed so much into it.

On Friday I went to go pick up my birthday present from Eric- a ring in remembrance of Ian. After we found out that we had lost Ian, I knew I wanted something to remember him by that I could always have with me. I thought about a necklace, but I already wear one from Eric almost every day. Earrings were another option, but I usually just stick with studs on a daily basis, so I wasn't sure I would want earrings. Plus, I can't look at the earrings anytime I wanted to. So, I decided on a ring.

Eric told me I could pick anything I wanted. I scoured the internet for a few days looking for a blue topaz (Ian's birthstone) ring. I found three I liked and Eric picked the one he liked the best, which also happened to be the one I liked the best too. What I loved about it was the deep blue color, I've never really been a fan of the light blue topaz look. But this was also my biggest hesitation- would other people get that it was blue topaz? Would they question why I went with this darker blue instead of going with the lighter color?

I almost changed my mind on the ring. I'm so glad Eric talked me out of it. He helped me realize that I want this ring for myself, so if I think that it is perfect, then it is. And that's exactly what I think it is-perfect. That deep blue- as deep as my love for Ian, as deep as the whole in my heart, as deep as I miss him every day. I couldn't imagine a more perfect ring.


After I picked up my ring, I headed over to meet Eric, Justin, and Julie to go to St. Louis to "surprise" Jaycen for his birthday. Surprise is in quotes because Katie might have told Jaycen her plan to surprise him by inviting us there for his birthday. Even though there was no surprise, it was still a wonderful time!

On Saturday, we went to 4 Hands Brewery in St. Louis for their 4th annual Lupulin Carnival. Eric and I had been to many craft beer festivals, but never a beer carnival. And man was it cool! Stilt walkers, fire breathers, sword eaters, knife throwers, a ferris wheel- it couldn't get much better than that. Except I guess, when you add in all the beer. I knew I wouldn't care for these beers as much since they were mostly "hop-y" beers, so I volunteered to drive everyone home. Eric let me try a few of his beers that he thought I might like, and let me just say that I'm glad I didn't pay for a drinking ticket!



On Sunday, I went with mom, Ashley, Emery, and Ashley's mom Carol to see the NCHS musical production of "Mary Poppins". I realized that it had been five years since I've been to a musical. After seeing all the talent the youth of our community have, though, I know that I will be back every year for many years to come. I forgot just how much I loved seeing the musicals each year. I would do high school all over again just to be in the musical one more time!

Like all good things, the weekend finally came to an end. Now it's Monday morning, and I have to think about big girl things, like taxes and work. Let's just say I'm already counting down to next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment