Monday, March 2, 2015

Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?

I don't know about all of you, but I am SO over winter. Spring can get here any minute. I'm ready for sunshine, shorts, and weather that I can enjoy spending time in for long periods of time.

But since I can't snap my fingers and make it spring, I guess I will try to enjoy the weather we do have, which currently includes lots of snow! During our last snow, which wasn't all that long ago, Eric and I didn't get a chance to go out and enjoy the snow at all. So when this snow rolled in, Eric agreed to build a snowman with me! (After, of course, we got some work done.)


If you haven't been to our house or seen our driveway, you may not appreciate how wonderful a tractor with a blade is for us. I'm not kidding when I say without that thing, we would never be able to get out of our driveway.  

Lucky for us, Dan and Theresa keep a lot of their things (including this tractor and blade) in our barns. Eric bladed our driveway while I helped dig out around our cars and brush the snow off of them. Once we were done, we decided we should help our neighbors out (Dan and Theresa in case you didn't know that!) and blade their driveway and shovel a walkway to their front door. It's the least we could do after all they have done for us!

While we were busy working, Bailey was busy playing. Bailey has become a "mud room dog" in the last few weeks since it has been so cold outside, so she very much welcomed a morning and afternoon running through the snow in our yard.
  

Look at that smile and tail just a wagging. She sure was happy!


I think her favorite thing to do was jump over the piles of snow that Eric made with the tractor. When she wasn't jumping over the mounds of snow, she was burying her nose in it smelling everything in sight, sinking down past her belly with every step she took. When we finally went in for the day, she was tuckered out!


Eric held true to his promise of building a snowman with me!  It's actually super tall-as tall as Eric-so the balls are quite large. They also ended up being more square-like than circular. It's not the most symmetrical snowman, but beggars can't be choosers.

The next few pictures are just a few little family pictures with the snowman :)


 



I just love these two <3

No comments:

Post a Comment