Sunday, July 16, 2017

Love Notes from God


So I've mentioned before that I often find something from our church service that speaks directly to me and gives me exactly what I'm needing in that situation. It had been a few weeks since we have been to church, and as I walked in this morning and knelt down, I prayed that God would give me some direction. I want so badly to be a mom, and I asked God to let me in on His plan for us.

As I was listening to the readings, the second reading grabbed my attention at the first line- "I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed to us" (Romans 8:18). Seriously, could God be speaking to me any clearer? He knows the suffering and pain that Eric and I have been through. I picture us standing around a truck bed talking to God, telling Him about all that we have been through (like He doesn't already know). God looks at us with this little smirk on his face, slaps us on the shoulder, and says "Just wait." Just wait for the glory that will be revealed to us. For He knows our sufferings, and as much as they hurt now, they will be nothing when we compare the glory that God has in store for us. It's amazing what we hear when we just listen.

Speaking of just listening, I was struck again by God's word when the Gospel was read. This weeks reading was from Matthew chapter 13- The Parable of the Sower. The sermon talked more about this parable and how we are all sowers of the seed and it is our responsibility to sow God's word in our children and those around us, so that they may sow God's word in their children and so on. Not all seeds are sown in rich soil, but those that are will produce fruit "a hundred or sixty or thirtyfold". While we don't have any children here on Earth, we are still responsible for sowing God's word. God has placed in my heart the desire to better help others going through similar situations as us. I've really been thinking more and more about it lately, especially after receiving so many messages from women who have gone through multiple miscarriages or who have been struggling to conceive. Just a few days ago I spoke with Eric's cousin Ashley to design a few things for me to use. I still wasn't sure when I would find the time to dedicate to it or if I would even have anything to say that others would want to read, but after hearing the message today, I have an even greater desire to set my plan in motion. If I can just sow the glory of God's word into one person's rich soil, the reward will be more than worth it. So be on the lookout for that announcement coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment