Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2018: A Year in Review

2018 is officially over. Whew! 2018 was a year filled with great friends, great adventures, and lots and lots of love. It was another year without Ian and Madison, and that will always leave a sting, but I'm learning to be stronger because of them, to love harder because of them, and to cherish each moment because of them. So let's take a look back at all that 2018 had to offer!

We started the year with my best girls (and their husbands and kids). We don't all get together as often as we would like, but we make the most of it when we do. This year's gathering included a complete kid photo, including Ian and Madison!


My birthday this year included a trip to Cameo, the Firefly, and beautiful diamond earrings. Eric spoils me.


In March, we hit up the wine trails with Eric's sisters and their husband/boyfriend. We had a blast playing Speak Out and watching Eric drool everywhere, saving humanity from infection in Pandemic, and of course binge-ing on some of our favorite wine.


March also marked Madison's first birthday. My Facebook feed was flooded with posts #becauseofMadison, and I still get teary eyed going through and reading how much Madison has affected everyone's lives. 


Eric and I celebrated 5 years of marriage this year. Where has the time gone?


The summer started with some fun on the lake and never stopped! We went on countless jeep rides, I attended a Pro-Life Women's Conference, got in lots of snuggles with Grant and celebrated his first birthday!









August was a big month for us- we traveled to Europe! I'm still working on finishing editing our pictures from Italy and France, but I have posted on London and Germany. We were all there to celebrate Andy's wedding- what a fun time it all was!







Eric ran in his third Tough Mudder this year- so proud of this guy!


Eric also started coaching Fresh/Soph basketball at NCHS this fall. I don't have any pictures of him in action, but here we are cheering him on!


And I'm realizing Eric had a big fall as he shot his first buck this year too!



October brought a trip with Grant to the Zoo, and a visit from the cutest little monkey for Halloween, and celebrating my Godson Bennett's first birthday.






In December we celebrated Ian's fourth birthday in Heaven, and enjoyed spoiling Grant at Christmas. He loved the little basketball hoop and ball we got him!


2018, what a year you were! 2019 if full of endless possibilities, and I can't wait to see what's in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment