Saturday, January 5, 2019

Europe Trip 2018: France

Bonjour from Paris! Paris was our last stop (well technically not since we did travel to another town for Andy and Laura's wedding) on our European adventure. By this point we were traveled out, so we definitely did Paris more low-key than the rest of the countries we visited. Laura's aunt Valerie let us stay at her flat while she went to the wedding location to help get things ready, and we were so grateful for that. It really allowed us to do things at our own pace, and the view from her balcony over the city was beautiful. At night you could see the Eiffel Tower all lit up and it's spotlight spinning around and around. And while we did do a lot of sightseeing in Paris, I would say my favorite night was when we went to the supermarket down the street, bought some wine, beer, cheese, meat, and bread, and had a little picnic and family time on Valerie's balcony. Those are memories I'll always hold near and dear to my heart.

One of the first things we did in Paris was take a boat tour of the city. We saw all sorts of sights, including the Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral, and of course the Eiffel Tower. 


The next day we got up close and personal as we climbed the 674 steps to get to the second floor of the Eiffel Tower (mom and dad paid for the elevator to take them up). It was a pretty amazing view from all the way up there!


We saw the Arc de Triomphe, and enjoyed time looking at all the artwork in the Louvre Museum. I failed to take any pictures inside, so you'll just have to believe me that we were there!



One of the last things we did in Paris was visit the Notre Dame Cathedral. I loved looking at all of the stained glass windows inside, and the architecture on the exterior of the cathedral was just stunning. 


We wrapped up our European vacation with Andreas and Laura's wedding! I wrote an extensive blog post about that on my photography blog here, but I'll share a few details on this blog as well. Their official wedding was in the town courthouse, and after that they had an unofficial ceremony outdoors at the reception location. Following the outdoor ceremony were drinks and appetizers until dinner around 8/8:30, cake around 10:30, and dancing until morning. And I'm not joking on that one- Eric and I were up until 4:30 that morning dancing, and Andy told us that they were up until 6 still partying! It was definitely a wedding, and vacation, that I will never forget!








No comments:

Post a Comment