Sunday, January 9, 2022

Baby #6: 12-18 Weeks

I'm anxiously excited to be thinking that we will be welcoming baby #6 in June. I've thought too many times that our lives would be different in a few months to have our hopes shattered, but I'm trying to stay positive and be thankful for each day we have with this baby. And maybe, just maybe, we might actually be welcoming baby #6 to our home in June. 

We had our first transfer on September 22. Eric still couldn't come in the office for the transfer, so we video chatted while the transfer took place. I'm really hoping that in the future he will get to come back in the office again to be there with me during everything.

Our first blood draw was scheduled for September 30, but I took a pregnancy test the day before and it came up positive! We had our second blood draw on October 4th where our numbers were increasing- all good news. Our first ultrasound was October 15, where again Eric couldn't come in, but we were able to video chat. Hearing our baby's little heartbeat was a sigh of relief. 

October 29th was our second ultrasound at STL Fertility where we were officially released from their care. Huge thanks to Dr. Dayal for allowing this to happen for us again! 

But before we came home that day, we actually went to Missouri Baptist Medical Center to meet with our high risk OB, Dr. Michael Paul. We sat with him for over an hour reviewing our history, answering his questions, and asking our own. He wanted a lot of bloodwork done to check for a few different things that could affect our ability to sustain a healthy pregnancy.

I'm so thankful for him drawing that bloodwork, because we found out that I have two different types of blood clotting disorders. (Dr. Dayal actually put me on blood thinners when we started medicine for our transfer in September just in case, but never actually did any of the bloodwork to see if I did have a clotting disorder.) So I have been on blood thinners since August, and we are hoping that that will make a difference in getting to bring this baby home. We will never know if that is the reason that we lost Ian and Jordan, but at least now I feel like we are being proactive about the situation.


We are getting ultrasounds every two weeks at this point, both for my peace of mind and to keep an eye on baby. I've not minded getting to see baby and hear it's heartbeat every two weeks! At about every appointment we've had, baby's heartbeat has been in the upper 160s/low 170s. 

On December 23rd we had an "early anatomy scan" with Dr. Paul, where we got the good news that baby's head is perfect, which was another huge sigh of relief. 

I'm 18 weeks now, and I've been feeling baby wiggle around in there since about 15 weeks. I've felt a few kicks here and there, but mostly just stretching and turning. I'm excited for baby to start kicking hard enough for Eric to feel it too. 

 
 

At this point, we are terrified, ecstatic, nervous, thankful, and all sorts of other emotions. I'm just thanking God we have one more day with this baby, and I'll hopefully be doing that all the way up until June and beyond once he or she is here and healthy with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment