Saturday, February 12, 2022

Baby #6: 19-23 Weeks

What a month (plus) it's been having baby #6 grow healthy inside me! We got great news at our anatomy scan that everything looks perfect on baby, so another weight has been lifted off of our shoulders as we anxiously await June.

I had a bad asthma flare up right before week 20 that ended me in the ER. Thankfully baby seemed to far well through it all and I'm on the up and up after a few days down and out. You don't realize what a luxury it is to breathe easily until you are literally struggling to catch your breath, even after using your rescue inhaler more times that I probably should have.


I've been feeling baby move around a lot in there, which has me curious if they will be an active child or if they are getting all their wiggles out now and will be more chill once they are here. Baby likes to hang out really low still, and all the movement I feel is definitely on the bottom/underside of my belly. I know eventually baby will move up and I'll be complaining of it kicking and punching my ribs, but for now I'd like the kicks to happen a little higher so other people (aside from Eric who has felt baby already) can feel baby move. Baby's heartbeat was 160 at our anatomy scan, but at our last appointment this past week it is was 149. Any guesses on what baby could be, because we aren't finding out!

I have one more appointment with my high risk OB Dr. Paul in St. Louis to check on baby's growth one more time and discuss the plan for the remainder of my pregnancy. While I will miss his and his team's expertise and knowledge, I sure won't miss driving to St. Louis. I'm looking forward to spending the rest of our appointments in Effingham with Dr. Haller and her team there. 

I'm also looking forward to continuing to watch baby grow in these next few months. Grow, baby, grow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going with a Girl :) I have been following your blog since you were pregnant with Madison and I have laughed an cried so many times in doing so. Thank you for continuing to share :)

    ReplyDelete