Monday, June 29, 2015

Happy Birthday Bailey!

This weekend we celebrated Bailey's first birthday! I can't believe that we've had her in our family for almost an entire year. Even though Eric always tells me that he's glad he talked me into getting Bailey, it was actually me who talked him into getting her. I'll just say that we're both glad that we decided to bring her home.

We've gone swimming in the pool, moved to a new house, walked through the woods, chased bunny rabbits, played in the snow, dug holes in the yard, bit at ashes from the fire, learned the boundaries of the in-ground fence, and enjoyed lots and lots and lots of cuddles.

Nothing beats being greeted by a running puppy dog (who then gets as low as possible in the grass until you come over and then immediately turns onto her side so you can rub her belly) as soon as you get home. And despite being at least four times her original size, she still believes that she is a lap dog- and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Thank goodness Beagles don't get very big! 

I had the best intentions to get Bailey in a picture with her hat on and the birthday bone in front of her. Then I realized that this dog hardly ever sits still. So I settled on a picture of the hat and bone by themselves, and...


having Eric try to hold the hat on Bailey while she sat and pouted. And after she sat and pouted, she ran off the porch and attempted to take the hat off of her head. Not her favorite thing we've ever given her. 


I do have to say that she loved her bone! I found the birthday bone at Perfect Paws and Claws from here in Newton. The first thing she did was lick allllll of the icing off the cookie-she is her mother's daughter!


Our happy little family!


And the last picture of our big puppy! I never knew how much a dog could become part of your family until Bailey came along. I can't imagine our life without her. We love you Bailey, happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment