Monday, September 14, 2015

THE Camera

This camera. I've only been wanting one for about 3 years, but the price of committing to a camera, lens(es), editing software, tripod (trust me, this list could go on forever) has been holding me back. Until one day Eric told me he wanted a four wheeler. This is perfect, I thought. I'll let him get the four wheeler if he lets me buy my camera. This plan will never work, but it's worth a shot. The next thing out of Eric's mouth was that I could get my camera! To say I was excited was an understatement. 

I stalked my emails for the shipping confirmation, then impatiently waited for my gear to arrive. In the meantime, I googled everything I could think of on how to operate a DSLR camera on manual mode. I printed out cheat sheets, shortcuts, and helpful tips  When the UPS man finally knocked on our door, I'm sure he heard me let out a little squeal as I went to open it. 

Isn't she a beauty?


I immediately strapped a lens on and went outside to start taking pictures. I frantically searched through my binder of papers all neatly organized by topic to figure out what settings I needed to get the perfect picture. After much trial and error (including some all white and all black pictures) I finally began getting some great shots- at least in my mind!

I ran back in to try out the photo editing software on my favorite pictures. Just using basic controls on the software, I was able to edit my pictures to ones I am proud of. I can't wait to see what my pictures can look like once I really learn how to use the software!

Here's a few of my favorites from my photo shoot with Bailey and Cassie: 

Our big girl!














The ball of energy. 















Rare moment of relaxation.















And one last one of a scenic shot. I just figured out how to get rid of power lines, so I might try to redo this one to take out the power lines. But I loved how the sky turned out!





















With any new thing comes practice. So if you'd allow me to practice on your kids, your family, your pet bird, I would be grateful :) Just hit me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment