Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Baby Slevin {Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness}



Meet Jody and her family. I met Jody in college at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. This wonderful family was blessed with a beautiful daughter, but there was loss along the way. Here is what Jody had to say about her miscarriage:
December 2012,
The emptiness, heartache, feelings that you lost a part of your soul; that is how I felt when things went awry. Mentally I was okay, but physically my body was in depression mode. Every inch of my body was crampy, achy, and sad. I had lost a little person that could have been something amazing. A little person that would have made our lives so much happier. A little person we would love deeply and unconditionally until the day we die. Although we never got to meet that little person, we are confident he/she will be waiting for us at those pearly gates above. I will always feel a part of my soul is forever missing; however, God brought us a blessing only two months later. We conceived Sophia Joli Slevin February 14th, 2013. She was born November 10, 2013. #1 baby Slevin will never be forgotten nor replaced; a part of my heart will always be reserved for you my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment