Thursday, October 15, 2015

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day

To many, October 15 is just another day in October. To 1 in 4 women, October 15 marks Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. I hope that my campaign to bring you stories of those 1 in 4 women has shed some light on the realities of the struggles many women face trying to conceive.

As we enter the second half of the month, I ask that you keep all these families that have shared stories on my blog, and all those families that keep their stories in their hearts, in your prayers. I ask that you show compassion to all those that have lost a baby, no matter if they were 4 weeks or 40 weeks pregnant. And I ask that you remember the names of those sweet babies that we have lost, both named here and in our hearts.

Alexander Paul Baker
Baby Baxter
Baby Doss
Baby Huffman
Baby Petersen
Baby Slevin
Caleb Lee Hunsaker
Gabriel Matthew Yallaly
Greyson Reid Petersen
Ian Joseph Schackmann
John Paul Thoele
Jordan Leigh Hunsaker
Kristina Jane Ryker
Rose Francis Thoele
Ryan Michael Blievernicht



Tonight, I encourage all of you to light a candle at 7 PM. If people in every time zone light their candle at 7 PM, there will be a continuous wave of light for the entire day.

Let those we carry in our hearts be remembered by those we carry in our arms. <3

2 comments: