Sunday, October 30, 2016

Baby #2: 22 Weeks


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11

That verse got me through so much when we found out that our first child Ian had passed away at 16 weeks. It took on a whole new meaning this week after a text from my sister-in-law Nichole. In case you didn't know, Eric's older sister Julie passed away ten years ago this December. 

Here is what Nichole texted me: "I had a dream the other day that was so beautiful it brought me to tears. Julie was still alive and Erin and I went over to her house. She had a little boy and a baby girl at her house. Erin and I called her a baby hog and told her she needed to let us spend time with our niece and nephew. And she told us that they had to stay with her and we couldn't take them because she was in charge of taking care of them until you and Eric got to her house to take care of them again...I can't begin to imagine how hard it will be when you don't have her to hold onto anymore but I hope that knowing she has someone holding her hand and looking after her as she makes heaven her home (just like Ian does) makes it a little easier." Of course by this point I'm bawling- at work mind you. Then she sent me this: "...I also know you question God's plan a lot. Which is totally normal. I haven't stopped asking God why he took Julie from us too soon. People always say it was for a reason. But that dream was my first recognition of any actual reason. Maybe God knew that your babies and any babies Erin and I may lose too soon would need someone to hold their hand. Maybe that was her reason." 

It is incredibly hard to understand why this is happening. But Nichole showed me that, even if it's ten years from now or not until we pass away, we will know the reason for all of this. God truly does have a bigger plan <3

How far along: 22 weeks

Weight gain/loss: I'll find out for sure this week at my next appointment.


Sleep: These past few nights I've slept like a rock. Guess that's what weekends full of photoshoots will do to ya...

Rings: On and actually pretty loose.

Showing: Yep! But I kinda feel like I've hit a plateau. I don't feel like I'm really getting that much bigger.

Cravings: Hmm, nothing really I suppose. I guess I could say that I'm craving baby girl to keep kicking more and more- it's such an awesome feeling!

Gender: 100% girl.

 
Best Moment this Week: Oh man, where do I begin! We continue to get cards in the mail and many many people telling us in person that they are praying for us. It's truly wonderful that we have so many people that love us and baby girl. And speaking of baby girl- we finally picked a name!! You all will get to find out next week :) She keeps kicking more and more. I was laying on Eric's lap on the couch and he had his hand on my stomach. All of a sudden, she kicks him literally right where his hand was. As soon as it happened, I got all excited and looked up at Eric to ask if he felt that. He had no idea haha. One of these days he will feel her! Last night was a much needed girls night. Almost five hours of uninterrupted, completely wonderful, full of laughs girl talk. I think we could have talked for 5 more hours if it wasn't 10:30 at night. I'm getting so spoiled seeing these girls so often! And I'm meeting Ashley this week for fro-yo - score! 



Looking forward to: Another week with baby girl! I have a doctor's appointment this week with my OB in Effingham, so I'm looking forward to hearing what she has to say about my appointment at Carle and to hear baby girl's heartbeat again <3

No comments:

Post a Comment