Friday, March 6, 2020

Brayden and Ashley: Three Weeks

Three whole weeks with these two! And while our hands are definitely full with two babies, our hearts are even fuller. Words can't adequately describe the love that we have for these two. Every night we just can't stop talking about how much we love them, and how thankful we are that they are ours. I can't wait to see how our love for them grows and magnifies as they grow up. But for now, let's recap week 3 in the life of Brayden and Ashley!

First up was their first Leap Day! We spent the day soaking in all the cuddles. Eric and I also had our first date away from them to Joe's Pizza. It was nice to get dressed up and go out for a little alone time. So many people congratulated us while we were there, even Jill and Gaspere, who gifted us this delicious cannoli (which Eric started digging in to before I could snap a picture) and a big hug. I know they are looking forward to when we bring the babies in for the first time. Also, I somehow managed to take a picture with Brady and Ashley after our date night, but not with Eric. My how things have changed!



On Sunday, we got together with Eric's family and finally got to introduce Grant to Brayden and Ashley. He wasn't too impressed. Hopefully they grow on him as they get older. 


I think one of my favorite things to do is capture them snuggling together. And they had so many good snuggles together this week!





Monday was Eric's first day back to work and my first day alone with them all day.  I know how much he was dreading going back to work and not getting to spend all day with Brady and Ashley. As soon as he got home he basically grabbed them from me and didn't let them go for a while. I can still see the huge smile on his face (exhibited in the photo below) once he had them in his arms and hear his voice when he says, "I just love them so freaking much". He's the best dad. (And on a side note, my first week alone with them actually went really well! I was a little -lot- nervous about being able to handle them on my own. But they were so good to me all week long! Let's hope it stays that way in the weeks to come.)




This is our new nightly routine. And Eric's new favorite cuddle. I mean, I could get used to cuddling with them like this every night. 


Brady and Ashley have been spending a little more time awake this week. I can't wait until they are awake longer and longer and we can actually get some playing in, as opposed to me acting like a crazy lady when they are awake trying to get their attention and keep them awake- earning me the side eye from Ashley.  



With the beautiful sunny weather this week we ventured outside for a little field trip to the mailbox. I have this awesome twin carrier that I'm looking forward to using more as it keeps warming up. I'm picturing lots of walks in our future. I think these two approved of the fresh air and sunshine. I know that I did!


Thursday was officially their due date! It's hard to believe that they technically shouldn't have been here until yesterday. I know we've only had the for three weeks, but it's hard to imagine what life was even like before they were here. 


So today I'm feeling extra grateful that they've been in our lives for the past three weeks. I mean, how could I not be thankful for these two with sweet little faces like these? Happy three weeks Brayden and Ashley!






No comments:

Post a Comment