Sunday, March 1, 2020

Brayden and Ashley: Two Weeks

Two weeks have just flown by with these two. I find it hard to imagine that they've already been with us for fourteen days, when their due date is still a week away! I promise I won't post an update on them every single week, but they have changed and grown so much these past two weeks I couldn't help but keep track of how they are growing.

This week their cords fell off. I currently have them sitting on their dresser trying to decide if I want to keep them or not. Did anyone else keep their baby's cord stump? Or am I crazy mom for doing that ha! Brayden lost his cord on Saturday (8 days old), Ashley lost her cord on Sunday (9 days old).


Sunday was also a fun day as Eric and I surprised Andy and Laura during their Skype date with my family. Their daughter Catalina got to meet her American cousins. I'm looking forward to them meeting in real life one day!



Last Sunday afternoon was so nice, we decided to bundle up the babes and sit outside for a few minutes. I might have brought the dogs inside so we could have some uninterrupted quiet time. Fresh air was just what the doctor ordered.


When I mentioned that we were soaking in the cuddles last week I really meant it. We are taking all the cuddles that we can get. I think Brady was happy that mommy wanted to cuddle with him that night. 






Ashley flashed us a little smile that night. I wasn't quick enough to catch the full on smile, but I caught the beginnings of it. 


Their little personalities are really starting to shine through. I think that this face of Brayden's is one of my favorites that he makes. That wrinkly forehead can only come from one person- his daddy! (And his daddy's daddy). And then there is Ashley looking all cute in the new bow that her Aunt Ashley gave her. 



Time needs to slow down, or we are going to blink and they'll be teenagers. And yet I can't wait for them to get big and enjoy all that that phase of life will bring. For now though, we are enjoying our little ones being two weeks old. Here's to another week with our little family!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking time to share so that others can rejoice and enjoy your new family. Patty N

    ReplyDelete