Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Fun in the Fall

Every season has its advantages and things I look forward to, and it just so happens that Fall has a few of my favorite things in it. 

Fall means family time. The weather is still nice enough to play outside. The sun still stays up late. Basketball season hasn't started yet. Need I say more? We spent a lot of time together this fall. From time just as a family of five at home or out in the community with cousins at the pumpkin patch, we enjoyed it all. 


 









Fall means friend time. I try to carve out a little time every few months (and more often if we can make it work!) to see my besties. Ashley, Kaci and I enjoyed some wonderful time in Champaign together, which consisted of many glasses of wine, many laughs, and a piercing (not mine!). I'm already counting down the days until I get to see these girls again, with hopefully the addition of Kendra next time. 

Fall means the start of Broadway season at the Fox! This is Nichole and I's third year getting season tickets, and I want to get them forever. What a fun way to spend a day!

Fall means spooky season. And while Halloween isn't my favorite holiday- because it's obviously Thanksgiving with all the amazing food- it is one that I really enjoy the traditions that come along with it. We carved pumpkins and pulled out the pumpkin guts. Brady wanted a scary one, and Ashley wanted a cat one. Katie mostly just watched. Shout out to Eric with his mad pumpkin carving skills. We also did all the trick-or-treating as our favorite characters from the Mario Movie- Mario, Princess Peach, and Toad. I'm thankful that Katie finally agreed that her hat wasn't so bad and actually wore it. We scared on the square, trunk or treated, and trick or treated to our hearts delight. And we will be eating all their candy for a long long time. 






 

Fall means fun. So much fun. Maybe a little a lot of crazy too. But mostly fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment