Sunday, February 5, 2017

Baby #2: 36 Weeks


How far along: 36 weeks

Weight gain/loss: Well I gained back the pound I lost and added another one! Up 14 pounds this week.


Sleep: I haven't slept well this past week. I've been up a ton to use the restroom, and then it seems like I've been waking up for every sound I hear (especially Eric's early alarms which I used to be able to sleep through).

Rings: On.

Showing: Yep!

Cravings: I feel like a broken record, but I've been craving drinks again this week. I drank over half of a big Gatorade on my way to work Thursday morning...

Gender: Girl.

 
Best Moment this Week: This past week started off on a bad foot. Monday I left work early because I wasn't feeling well. It wasn't long after I got home that my lunch came back up. I tried sleeping, taking little sips of water, a small bit of cracker, but I couldn't keep anything down. Eric stayed by my side as soon as he got off of work. He kept making me try to drink little sips of water and sprite, but nothing worked. Around 9, I was finally able to drink more and more water. But about a half hour later it all came back up again. Eric wasted no time and grabbed my shoes and a coat and took me into the ER. I got an IV of fluids and some Zofran to help with the nausea, then they sent me up to the OB floor to monitor Madison. I was having mild contractions, but they must have only been Braxton Hicks because after a few hours of monitoring me up there they sent me home. I think we got home a little after 4 in the morning. Luckily after I woke up the next morning I felt tons better. I took that day off work to recoup and get some strength back. Eric did go back to work, but he didn't get going until about 11. I'm still not sure what was wrong with me. They swabbed me for the flu, but never told me that I had it. I didn't have diarrhea either. I'm just thankful that I'm feeling better now and that Madison is doing ok. 


I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday. Miss Madison's heartbeat is going steady in the 130's, and Dr. Haller said that everything is looking good. She even said that at my appointment next week they would give me an ultrasound so that we could see Madison again- how awesome is that!! 

Then for a funny story: Thursday night Eric came to bed with songs playing on his phone. It was quite the interesting array of songs- John Legand's "All of Me", Seal's "Kiss from a Rose", Miley Cyrus' "7 Things", and ending with Soulja Boy's "Crank That". As Soulja Boy was playing, Eric starts tapping the rhythm of the dance moves, moving left and right across my stomach. He tells me he's "teaching her the dance moves" ha! I haven't laughed that hard for a while!

And then Friday night we are in the barn watching a movie. I'm laying on the couch on Eric's lap and I feel this pulsing in my lower stomach. I move Eric's hand there and ask if he can feel it, and he says that he can. It's way to rhythmic to be kicks, and it usually lasts longer than her kicks do too. I've felt it before, but always thought it was just a muscle twitch or something. We were talking about what it could be, and the idea of hiccups was brought up. After a little research, I've decided that it had to have been hiccups, which is a really good sign if they are! Hiccups mean that her lungs are working correctly and that she can swallow amniotic fluid, which hopefully means she will be able to swallow breast milk after she is born. Only time will tell!

Looking Forward To: Another ultrasound on Wednesday! Have I mentioned how much I love my OB?! I hope we get some more good pictures of our little miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment