Monday, August 18, 2014

A Trip to the Vet...

While I was having fun with Kaci on Thursday at the Illinois State Fair, Bailey was with Eric at his parents' house helping to dig trenches for the gutters. You don't even have to tell me that I ended up with the better deal on that one!

Anyways, Eric sends me a picture of something that was curled up and said that Bailey just spit it up. I couldn't really tell what it was, but then Eric broke the bad news- Bailey has worms :( After doing my own research and freaking out about all the horrible things that could happen, I decided to use my resources and text Kaci, who just so happened to graduate from vet school this year. She reassured me everything would be alright and to get Bailey to the vet tomorrow.

I think I was more nervous for her vet appointment than she was! She hopped, as best as she could with her little puppy legs, up into the car and rode on my lap all the way to the vet. 

There must be something about that cold, metal table, though. As soon as I put her up there, she instantly wanted down. 


It seemed as if she was even contemplating jumping off.


Luckily, things went smoothly once the vet came in. Bailey got a dewormer and her first shot, which she took like a champ. When we got home, she decided to take a well deserved nap. Who can blame her?


It wasn't long though, before she gave me that look to play. I mean, who can refuse this face?


I'll spare you the pictures and gory details, but let's just say I hope that no one else has to watch their puppy pass worms. Not exactly the most pleasant thing to see. Good news is that Bailey doesn't seem the least bit phased by it all. Looks like our little puppy is growing up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment