Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Summer Recap in Pictures

It's hard to believe summer is over! To commemorate the end of another exciting summer, I thought I'd celebrate by doing a little picture recap of some of the moments I haven't included in the blog. Even though they haven't gotten a full dedicated blog post, they have still had a huge impact on my life. Without further adieu....


Even though we didn't do near the amount of boating this summer as we normally do (I'm blaming that one on building Dan and Theresa'a shouse!), our summer boating trips with Garrett and Emilee, and usually a few more great friends, are something I look forward to every summer. You really can't beat a fast boat, a sunny day, and the best of friends. 


One perk of being home is that all those holidays that fall on Sundays, like Father's Day, are now holidays that Eric and I get to go to and enjoy! So thankful I got to spend father's day with the best daddy I could ask for.


I miss this little big guy so much! For those of you who don't know, this is Jonah. I was his babysitter throughout grad school and really grew to love both him and his family. After all, I did see them more than my real family. So when his mom told me that her husband got a new job in Florida and that they were moving, I had to go see them one last time! Here we are doing his favorite thing- playing Wheel of Fortune on the Wii. 


We are so blessed to have one of the few remaining drive-in movie theaters so close to our hometown. Eric and I didn't take advantage of this like we should have, but we did go once this summer!


Here we are at the Wolf Family Reunion! It was so much fun seeing some family that we haven't seen in a long time, and catching up on all the exciting things that our family members are up to. 



Teutopolis, Illinois celebrated its 175th birthday this year! I have never seen a town with so much pride and love for their hometown. The birthday celebration lasted well over a month, with the Keystone cops, Kangaroo Court, a First Lady Coronation, time-period garments, and of course beer. Lots and lots of beer. Don't think it would be a T-Town celebration without it! 


A new weekly tradition around here is Justin's Wednesday night visits. We were so excited when Justin told us that he was moving home (to Altamont), and even more excited when he told us that his job was in Newton. Every Wednesday after work, Justin comes over to hang out, shoot bows, play with the puppy, go on a jeep ride (like we are doing above), stop in at the Muddy, or anything else we can conjure up to do. We sure are lucky to have him as a friend. 


Woo! After 6 years of schooling I am finally able to add CCC-SLP after my name! In case you are wondering, CCC stands for Certificate of Clinical Competence, and you'll have to take my word for it that it is a huge deal for speech-language pathologists like me. 


Finally, we have swimming with Bailey. Mom and I decided to get in the pool one afternoon, and as soon as Bailey heard us, she started whining. This dog wants to do whatever you're doing, and if she can't, she's gonna complain about it. So we let her try out the water. She wouldn't jump in by herself, but she would let me hold her and get her wet. She even practiced her doggy paddle! Bailey wasn't all that fond of the water though, so I doubt she'll do much more swimming.

There it was, all the extras of summer rolled up into one post. I hope you enjoyed! I promise that I will get you an update on Dan and Theresa's finished shouse soon, you just have to be patient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment