Sunday, August 17, 2014

Illinois State Fair

Though Eric might not think so, I'm always up to doing new things. Especially when those new things involve one of my best friends. So when Kaci asked if I wanted to help volunteer at the Prairie Farms booth at the Illinois State Fair in Springfield on Thursday, I jumped at the chance.

And what is better than getting into the State Fair for free? Having all the milk and ice cream I can eat for free too :) I guess I can chalk that up to having a best friend who grew up on a dairy farm.


In between bites of our ice cream bars and sandwiches, we gave away tiny milk cartons to kids (and adults) who visited the Milk-a-Cow booth. In case you were wondering, yes, you do get to milk a cow. And yes, I milked the cow before we left. Having been best friends with Kaci since high school, I (and she) couldn't believe that I had never once helped her milk a cow on her parents' farm. But hey, I got to milk a cow and get a sweet button to document the moment. I guess you could say it was worth the wait.  




After our shift ended, Kaci, her parents, and I explored the fair, endulged on some wonderful fair food, grabbed some freebies, saw a cow made completely out of butter, and even met Abe Lincoln!



Days like this are few and far between, and I am blessed to be able to spend them with the best of friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment