Monday, August 11, 2014

Playing Catch-Up

Ok, I have to admit I've been pretty absent lately from the blogging world. We have been SO busy getting Dan and Theresa's old house packed up, moved, and cleaned, and getting everything into their new place. I'll have a post on that in a few days, so stay tuned!

Today's order of business has to do with this fabulous woman right here.


On Saturday, August 9, we celebrated her 97th year on this good ol' planet. 97 years! There aren't too many people who can say they've lived to be 97. Not to mention, my great grandma still lives by herself! This woman truly is a blessing to our family and Eric and I were so happy that we were able to celebrate with her and the rest of the family on Saturday.


Here's Great Grandma with her kids (my Grandma is on the far right!). We wouldn't be the family we are today if it wasn't for her. 


There's a huge family picture of everyone who could make it to the celebration out there somewhere, if I can get my hands on it I will definitely post it!

Great Grandma, this post is for you. If it wasn't for your hard work, dedication, and love, none of us would be here today. You are one heck of a woman with a wonderful sense of humor. You are sharp as a tack and truly are the glue that holds the family together. Here's to many, many, many more birthdays! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment