Thursday, January 5, 2017

Baby #2: 3D Ultrasound

So I'm going to preface this post by saying I'm oversharing pictures- I just can't help it! I think Madison is so beautiful and perfect I can't help but share a ton of pictures. And I'm not apologizing one bit for it :)

On Friday December 30th, Eric, myself, my mom and dad, Eric's mom and dad, my brother and Eric's sisters packed into a few cars and headed to Evansville Indiana to get a 3D ultrasound of Madison. I was so excited that everyone was able to come, and I think I speak for everyone when I say that I'm so glad that we did this and everything was totally worth it to see her move around and be stubborn as ever (more on that later). 

The place, Precious View, was set up so nicely. The ultrasound was done in a huge room with the screen being projected onto basically an entire wall. We all had the perfect view to watch Madison hide her face with her hands or smush her face into my placenta almost the entire time. C'mon girl, we just want to see your pretty face! Luckily, she moved her hands away just enough for the tech to capture some great pictures of her. It might have taken me laying on different sides and the tech tapping on my belly for that to happen, but hey, whatever works. Madison was definitely over us looking at her. When the tech was recording her heartbeat for our heartbeat bear, Madison gave a swift kick to the probe. Even the tech felt it! Towards the end of the scan, Madison even put her hand over her face like, "guys, just let me sleep!" It was pretty cute. And in addition to all the pictures we got from the scan, we also got a video of the whole thing. Such awesome memories!

Oh there's just so many things I love about her- those chubby chubby cheeks, full lips, long fingers, perfect little toes. I honestly can't believe that she is mine (and I guess Eric had a little to do with her too). It kills me to know that she doesn't get to stay here on Earth for long, but you can bet your bottom dollar that I'm going to enjoy every single second that she is here. Especially with those little smiles <3 <3 <3











So I know the next picture might be confusing (because we were all confused when the tech was telling us about what we were seeing), so I'll try to help explain it. You can see where the mouse is pointing and all of the white lines, that's all of her hair! Then to the right of that you can see kind of a curved white line, that's her spine/back. So the picture is like we are looking at her laying on her side from the back. But seriously, look at all of that hair! I'm so excited about that, because I figured she wouldn't have any hair due to the fact that a majority of the area where her hair would be is gone. Now to dream about if it's blonde (like my hair was as a baby) or if it's brown!


And this one is seriously my favorite picture of all the 100 we received. Everything was worth it to see that little smile. This one is going up in the house for sure!







No comments:

Post a Comment