Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Baby #2: Baby Shower

On Saturday January 21, Kaci, Kendra, and Ashley hosted a baby shower honoring Madison. It's hard for me to find the words to tell you all just how truly amazing this day was. I couldn't think of a better way to honor Madison's short time with us. The day was filled with family and friends, both those that could make it to the shower and those that were there in spirit, lots of love, countless laughs, and many tears. I know that Madison felt all of the love just radiating around her that day, because I was overwhelmed with it all. 





Ian was there too :)


I just love this picture of all the littles with Madison and Ian! These blessings have helped ease the sting of our losses and I am so so thankful for them.


I also love this picture of Dez and Auggie with Ian. Ian should have been born right in between the two, but I know that he will always have a place in their hearts. And how do I know? During the shower, Auggie runs up out of nowhere and gives me the biggest hug on my legs, and then the biggest hug around my neck as I picked him up. And Kendra told me as they were looking at pictures from the shower, Dez points to me and says "Sharon", then looks up at Kendra and smiles real big and says "Madison". My heart melted into a million pieces both times. 


I'm not entirely sure what we were laughing at DeAnne, but it must have been a good one.


That's my grandma Wolf testing out her string on my belly. Eric's aunt Charlotte cut the exact length of string that my belly was- pretty impressive. And his cousin Andrea might have been able to wrap her string around me over two times haha!


Em even measured my belly, then proceeded to give me (and Madison) the biggest hug. I'm in love with this picture.


They played a game of Madison's "Top 5's", including favorite foods (my cravings), favorite songs, top things I'm thankful for this pregnancy, favorite moments with Madison, lessons God has taught me, and specific prayers for Madison as well as Eric and I. In case you were wanting to pray specifically for us, I'll include our prayer requests.

For Eric and I:
  • For strength as we approach Madison's due date.
  • For faith that even though this is not how we wanted this pregnancy to go, that God truly has a bigger plan and one day we will understand.
  • To remember that this is the only time we get with Madison and to cherish it.
  • That we can spend as much time as possible with Madison after she is born.
  • For hope that one day we will have a pregnancy that results in a baby that we get to keep here with us.
For Madison:
  • That she continue to kick, roll, and grow until she's full term.
  • That she feels the love from all of our family and friends.
  • That she gets into the correct position as she gets closer to being born so that I can have her naturally and avoid a c-section.
  • That she be born alive.
  • That she always knows how much we love her, how much we wanted her to be able to stay here, and how much we will miss her. 

I also had a few presents to open. The girls got us this gorgeous sign below that has my favorite Bible verse on it. They also got us two of the softest bunnies ever, one for us to keep and one for Madison to keep. The "moms" got me bracelets with Ian and Madison's initial on them. We got a book that included little notes and Bible verses from everyone that I've already read a few times. And then everyone chipped in to get Eric and I a little getaway to Galena, IL to stay at a bed and breakfast there. I was definitely not expecting that, and am so humbled by the generosity of our family and friends. We love you all so much!



The BEST friends anyone could have. Someone told me as they were leaving the shower that I'm truly blessed to have such wonderful friends and I better never let them get away. My thoughts exactly. And girls, I'm not letting you go anywhere. You know I need you too much to let you go <3






No comments:

Post a Comment