Monday, November 24, 2014

Baby's First Pictures! {Ultrasound Style}

Since first shotgun season was a bust for both of us- we only saw deer on Friday morning and even with our guns they were still too far away- I'll go ahead and skip to the fun baby stuff: ultrasound pictures!!

After hunting Friday morning, I hurried on down to Carbondale to meet Emilee so she could scan me during her lab. As soon as that wand hit my belly my eyes shot up to the screen and I saw a baby. Not a bean, not a blob. An actual baby. That moment has been one of the coolest moments in my pregnancy so far. 



Baby did a lot of chilling upside down, which Emilee told me meant that baby was facing my back. I also found out the I have an anterior placenta, so it might take longer for me to feel kicks. But isn't that just the cutest baby you've ever seen?? Eric and I are so in love already!


I really like this picture because you can see the spinal cord so well. It's amazing that in only 14 weeks a baby already looks fully formed.


Baby is already being prim and proper-crossing it's legs!


It's an alien baby! Good thing baby won't look like that when he or she comes out :)


Last one of baby looking like most babies do on an ultrasound. Can't believe that in 25 or so weeks I'll be holding this little nugget in my arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment