Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thankful


Thankful. Around this time each year, people all over the world reflect on what they are thankful for in the past year. This year is no different. In fact, this year I feel like my little family has even more to be thankful for!

Every day I am thankful for the man I call my best friend, my soul-mate, and the person who can put a smile on my face no matter what mood I'm in- Eric. (Even though this year I'm not too thankful for the facial hair he has been sporting for No-Shave November!) When I count my blessings, I definitely count this guy twice. I know he is going to be the best dad to our little nugget. 

This year especially, I am more than thankful for our families. Both of our families so graciously opened up their homes to us when we made the decision to move home. Did they have to do that? No. Will Eric and I forever be in their debt because of it? Absolutely. We can't ever repay you guys for all that you did for us this past summer, but please know that we very much appreciated everything.

And on that note, I'm thankful that Eric and I were able to both find jobs that we love that allowed us to move back home. Each day we talk about how nice it is to be home. I don't think that will ever change!

I think I speak for both Eric and I when I say we are thankful for our puppy, Bailey. She may get on our nerves at times with her biting and jumping, but nothing can replace that feeling of her on your lap giving you a big lick on the cheek or the leg hug she gives you as you are walking away.

Another thing we have the privilege of being thankful for is our own house! That's right, you heard me-Eric and I are officially homeowners (well, as of this Tuesday afternoon we will be). We have been unpacking and organizing things all week. Only a few boxes left!

Our friends have always been a huge a part of our lives, and this year is no different. They are always there to laugh with, cry with, and just be there when you need them. I'm extra thankful that I have the opportunity to be pregnant with two of my best friends, Kendra and Ashley, and that my best friend Kaci will get to be the honorary aunt to all of our kids. 

The thing I am most thankful for this year is the little bun in my oven :) Words can't express how I feel about the opportunity that God gave me to bring another human being into this world. Eric and I are already so lucky, and our baby isn't even here yet!

But for now, it's back to watching my Sunday night shows and maybe-just maybe-unpack a few more boxes. Those last few boxes seem to take forever to get through!

No comments:

Post a Comment