Thursday, November 20, 2014

Preparing for Shotgun Season

It's almost shotgun season for this family. Eric has been slaving away on some ground blinds (which I promise to post about soon) and finally has them in the woods. The only thing left to do is sight in our shotguns, or in Eric's case, his brand-new muzzle-loader.

And of course, the day we decide to sight in our guns was the day it decided to snow in November. Since when does it snow in November!? Anywho, Justin came over, we brought Bailey out, and we shot some guns.





We all got our guns sighted in for the weekend. It was pretty cool to see how far away you can shoot and still hit the target!



Bailey absolutely LOVED the snow! She loved it so much, that when we were shooting, we had to tie her up so she wasn't running around digging where we were aiming. And much to Eric's liking, our girl is not gun shy. The first shot startled her, but after the shot was fired she ran right up to Eric to see what was going on. Every shot after that didn't phase her one bit. Eric already sees a rabbit dog in our future.



Here she is just digging away. Bailey loved running around in the snow and digging her nose in the ground any chance she got. Eric and I can't wait until the house is finally ours and she can run around all the time. 

On a different note, the Stratus bit the bullet this weekend. We were driving home from sighting in the guns. I was in the Impala with Bailey and Eric was following behind. I left before he did so I didn't notice when he wasn't following me so closely. I got home and was unpacking the car and taking care of Bailey when mom tells me that Eric is on the phone. I ask Eric what's going on and he says that he is in the ditch. 

So I put my shoes back on and head down the road to find him in the ditch with his front end over a culvert. As a side note, this car does horrible on snow and the tires were in dire need of replacing. Eric said he started sliding and just slid right into the ditch.

We got a hold of the tow truck (their first tow of the season-yay!) and they pulled us out of the ditch. Unfortunately, when they were pulling, the culvert was pulling back. The bottom of the bumper got ripped off and a large piece of our car was now dangling down on the pavement. I'm assuming it was the radiator, but don't quote me on that because I know nothing about cars. We both knew that it would cost more to repair the car than it was worth. Let the car shopping begin!





Luckily, it didn't take us long to find a nice used car to replace the Stratus. We are officially an Impala family now! At least now we have a car that will handle the winter weather and will be safe for our little one on the way. A blessing in disguise!



No comments:

Post a Comment